Progressively, orthodox science closes in on chemical reasons that define the proper nutrition during the days of preparation for the sacrament and for the days after. Because of my dramatic effects on the neuro-chemical and hormonal dance, it is important to take precautions to avoid negative effects that might occur due to the bio-chemical incompatibility of my components with the sudden consumption of certain foods. The gradual harmonization of bodily systems takes several days, so advance preparation is required as well as certain precautions.
Foods to Avoid
- Red meat
- Aged cheeses
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut
- Nutritional supplements like protein powders
- Chocolate (in large amounts)
- Peanuts (in large amounts)
Other Foods to Avoid
- Salt (i.e. canned and processed foods)
- Refined sugar (i.e. sweets and junk food)
- Spicy food
Foods You Can Enjoy
- Animal proteins such as eggs (hard-boiled, poached, or scrambled), organic free-range chicken, or light, wild-caught fish such as sole, tilapia, bass, trout, halibut, or snapper.
- Grains + legumes including quinoa, brown rice, amaranth, beans, and lentils. Wheat, kamut, spelt, etc. are also approved.
- Veggies including potatoes, sweet potatoes, yucca, yacon, beets, jicama, carrots, broccoli, arugula, lettuces, cucumber and powdered maca root.
- Fruits including berries, bananas, apricots, peaches, melons, grapes, apples, and pears.
- Nuts and seeds including raw almonds, raw cashews, raw walnuts, chia seeds, and raw shelled hemp seeds. Unsalted nut butter is a-ok (except peanut).
- Seasonings including fresh herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, dill, etc.), ginger, turmeric, and non-spicy spices like cumin and coriander. Cinnamon in small amounts is fine as well.
In the weeks leading up to the ceremony it is suggested that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs
- Sleep medications
- Alpha- and beta-blockers
These include cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, marijuana, and MDMA. It’s also best to avoid other psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin.
The traditional teaching of sexual abstinence as part of the post-session diet is not a folk myth of the Amazon traditions. It is also ancient wisdom found in many traditions around the world. The intensity of sexual energy, especially orgasmic or close to climaxing, transmutes certain energy flows that interrupts certain processes that I have not yet finished. The peaceful expressions of erotic love, caresses, tenderness, intimacy, spiritual closeness must not be suppressed because they are part of my love mission. It is only the animal sexual fury and orgasmic energy which must be temporarily controlled to allow the subtle processes of healing